You might think I don't matter, but together you do.
Hello there, the first thing you must do is getting information, there are a lot. Be informed and convinced. Talk about it, express your concerns and thoughts with others. Then you will experience all kinds of feelings, be underwhelmed, sad, confused, angered. Yes it is bad, but we all if we do and are ready can alter it. Together we are strong and convincing. You are not alone. Look for politicians and their program, do they take it seriously. As a citizen you can demand your rights for a safe world to live in. Your government should protect these rights.
Things you can do as a family:
- replace all old light bulbs with led ones
- pay attention to Power Use of apparatus, replace it with more energy efficient ones
- turn the thermostat a few degrees lower and put on a sweater
- bicycle to work or school
- work more at home if you can
- buy a electric car,,electric scooter
- agree with each other and promise to serve and eat a vegetarian meal once a week
- rethink fashion and wast - huge carbon print - using synthetics
- refuse products made from palm oil (main reason deforestation tropical forests), like
- Peanut butter: Skippy.
- Ice cream: Wall's Soft Scoop.
- Chocolate: Cadbury's Dairy Milk, Maltesers.
- Margarine: Flora Buttery Spread.
- Snacks: Twiglets, Ritz Crackers.
- Cookies and biscuits: Maryland Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oreos.
All these products can also be made of home-grown sun-flower oil or rapeseed oil (looks lovely when in bloom)
Finally demand a save and healthy environment from your politicians or leaders, perhaps by means of legal justice or court